Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur(An Institute of National Importance under MHRD, Government of India)
Applications are invited from distinguished academic personnel/professionals fromInstitute, R & D labs/organisations and industry in India for effective teaching andcommitment to enhance the research activities, for recruitment of Chair Professorship“Maharashtra Pollution Control Board Chair Professor for Environmental Technologiesand Pollution Control”.
The Maharashtra Pollution Control Board (MPCB) with a view to promoting academic pursuit andresearch in the area of Environmental Technologies and Pollution Control has provided financialassistance to Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur for the purpose of creating aChair which shall be a distinguished academic position occupied by eminent person.The Chair Professor shall be called the “Maharashtra Pollution Control Board Chair Professor forEnvironmental Technologies and Pollution Control” and appointment shall normally be on acontract basis for three years, and may be reappointed after a rigorous review.
The Chair Professor shall perform many of the following:
- Initiate new academic programs and consolidate existing programs
- Identify and initiate specific research and development projects with the potential for concrete socio-economic impacts, and raise funds from government agencies, nongovernmental organizations(NGOs), Industry, and other organizations to execute those projects
- Provide academic and technical leadership in the broad area of Environmental Technologies and Pollution Control
- Improve interaction with industry and NGOs through consultancy work and continuing education programs
- Lead and / or assist in creating new fields of work in any of the core area of Environmental Technologies and Pollution Control
- Undertake such other academic activities as may be relevant and in the interest of VNIT Nagpur and the subject of Environmental Technologies and Pollution Control Eligibility Criteria
|Name of the Post||Chair Professorship for Environmental Technologies and Pollution Control|
|Pay Band||Rs. One Lakh per month (consolidated)|
|Qualification||Ph.D. in Engineering /Sciences with first class or equivalent grade at the precedingdegrees from reputed Institute/ University with a good academic record throughout|
|Experience||Minimum 20 years experience in teaching / R&D / consultancy / industry / organization in the field of environmental technology and pollution control with minimum 5 years experience at the scale equivalent to that of full Professor|
|Age limit||Preferably below 65 years|
Applicants may send their biodata giving complete details regarding name, address (email ID, mobile), age, qualifications, experience, publications, etc. alongwith other relevant information and photocopies of certificates etc., to
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur,
South Ambazari ,
Road Nagpur – 440010 (MH).
Details are available on Institute
website : www.vnit.ac.in. Last date for receipt of application is 25th October 2013.