TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION NOTIFICATION NO : 04/2014
Applications are invited only through online mode up to 12 -03 -2014 for Direct Recruitment to the following post
|Name of the Post and Code No||District Educational Officer (2012)Code No. 2062|
|Name of the Service and Code No.||Tamil Nadu School Educational ServiceCode No. 055|
|No. of vacancies||11|
|Pay Band and Grade Pay||Rs. 15600 – 39100 + Grade PayRs. 5700|
|GT- General Turn , BC – Backward Class, MBC/ DC – Most Backward Class/ Denotified Community, |
SC- Scheduled Caste,
G – General and
W – Women
The subject-wise details of the vacancies are as follows
|From i Open Market||9 (one vacancy each in the subjects Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, History & Geography).|
|From ii among Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools||2 (one vacancy each in the subjects Physicsand Chemistry)|
Date and Timing
Date and Timing
|Date of Notification||14.02.2014||–|
|Last date for submission of applications||12.03.2014||–|
|Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office||14.03.2014||–|
|Date and Time of Preliminary Examination||08.06.2014 FN||10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M|
Age Limit (as on 01.07.2014)
Category of Candidates
Minimum Age (should have completed)
|1. SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||18 Years||No Age limit|
|‘Others’ (i.e. candidates not belonging to other than the categories referred to in Sl. No. 1 above).||18 Years||For Open Market – Should not have completed 30 Years|
|For Teacher employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools – Should not have completed 40 Years|
Note : For open market candidates only.
“Others” Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs who have put in five years and more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION (as on 14.02.2014)
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by an University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grants.
Name of the Post
|District Educational Officer||For both, Open Market candidates and Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools:1. Master’s Degree of any University in the State of Tamil Nadu or a Degree of equivalent standard with not less than 50% of Marks in the Master’s Degree Examination in any one of the following subjects:-Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, History & Geography (Provided that a candidate possessing a Degree of M.A or M.Sc. or an equivalent degree awarded under the grading system shall|
not be considered eligible for appointment unless he has obtained the said degree with “ O” or “A” or “B” Grade.) AND
2. B.T. or B.Ed. Degree of any university in the State of Tamil Nadu or a degree of equivalent standard. AND
3. Must have studied Tamil under Part-I or Part-II of the Intermediate or Pre-University or Higher Secondary Course.
Only for recruitment to the vacancies in the subjects Physics and Chemistry which are to be filled from among the Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary or Higher Secondary Schools having teaching experience in a recognized School for a total period of not less than 12 years after acquiring the qualifications specified in item 2 above.
(i) The qualification prescribed for the post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies SSLC / 10th + HSC (or its equivalent) + Under Graduate Degree + Post Graduate Degree and B.T/B.Ed Degree (or) B.T/B.Ed Degree and PG Degree.
(ii) Candidates will be considered only against the vacancy in the particular subject, in which he/ she has obtained his/her Master’s Degree.
(iii) Candidates must have passed Tamil in Intermediate/PUC/HSC. (A pass in the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil will not be accepted as equivalent to the qualification in Tamil prescribed for this post). (Note under paragraph 10 of the Commission’s ‘Instructions to candidates’ will not apply to this recruitment.)
(iv) Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should upload evidence for such claim when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. (For further details refer paragraph 9 of the ‘Instructions to candidates’)
CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS
|Name of the Post||Standard of Vision||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness|
|District Educational Officer||Standard-III or better||Form prescribed for Executive post.|
SCHEME FOR PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION, MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND ORAL TEST
Minimum Qualifying Marks
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, BCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs
|Single paper in General Studies-200 items Degree Standard – Objective TypeGeneral Studies – 150 items|
Aptitude & Mental Ability
Test (SSLC Standard) – 50 items
MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND ORAL TEST
Minimum Qualifying Marks
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, BCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs
|1. Paper-I – General Studies-Descriptive type – Degree Standard2. Paper- II – General Studies-|
Descriptive type – Degree Standard
3. Paper-III Concerned Subject –
Descriptive type – P.G. Degree
i. Tamil Language and Literature
(Code No. 113)
ii. English Language and Literature
(Code No. 045)
iii. Mathematics (Code No. 073)
iv. Physics (Code No. 095)
v. Chemistry (Code No. 027)
vi. Zoology (Code No. 119)
vii. Botany (Code No. 020)
viii. History (Code No. 060)
ix. Geography (Code No. 057)
Interview & Record
|3 Hours3 Hours|
(i) The syllabi for the Preliminary and Main Written Examination have been furnished in Annexure-I to this Notification.
(ii) The candidates, if selected for Main Written Examination should answer Paper-III in the subject in which they have acquired their P.G. Degree.
CENTRE FOR EXAMINATION
|Sl.No.||Name of the Centre||Centre Code||Sl.No.||Name of the Centre||Centre Code|
The Commission reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of examination centres and to re-allot the candidates.
A For Preliminary Examination
Rs.125/- (Examination Fee Rs.75 /- + Cost of Application Rs.50/-) (Rupees One hundred and twenty five only)
For Main Written Examination
Rs.125/- (Rupees One hundred and twenty five only)
HOW TO APPLY TNPSC
- Candidates should apply only through on-line in the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net
- Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.
- A valid e-mail ID or mobile number is mandatory for registration and e-mail ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. Candidates are cautioned to keep your e-mail ID and pass word confidentially. TNPSC will send Hall Tickets (Memorandum of Admission) for Written Examination, Interview call letters, other memos etc. to the registered / given e-mail ID.
- All the particulars mentioned in the online application including name of the candidate, post applied, communal category, date of birth, address, e-mail ID, centre of examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- The candidates who wish to receive SMS should register their mobile number in the application.
1) Candidates are first required to log on to the TNPSC’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net
2) Click “Apply On-line” to open up the on-line application form.
3) Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply.
4) If you already have Unique ID, enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary.
5) If you do not have valid ID, enter all the required particulars without skipping any field.
6) Candidates are required to upload their latest photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the guidelines for scanning and upload of photograph and signature. An online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected.
Note: Candidate who have One Time Registration ID (Unique ID) and pass word, have to apply separately for all notifications. One Time Registration will not be considered as an application for any post.
Mode of Fee Payment
Select the mode of payment (Online Payment/Offline Payment)
- Online Payment (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card)
- Offline Payments (Post Office or Indian Bank)
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission.
- How to apply: Candidates are required to apply on-line by using the website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net Detailed instructions for filling up online application are given in para 11 of this Notification.
- The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post.
- Grievance Redressal Cell for guidance of candidates: In case of any guidance/ information/ clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No. 044-25300300 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No.1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m.